What was the best gig you saw at Trinity College?
The Radiators From Space & The Vipers
Rocky & The Gravediggers
The Virgin Prunes
You can include any gig between Jan '77 - Dec '80
Richie played guitar with Rocky DeValera & The Gravediggers, Rhythm Kings, Flash Harry's & Wilf Brothers before becoming a journalist in the mid 80's.
Richie released one solo single Stumble Into Love/All She Wants To Do, on Revolving Records.
The "A" side was written by Paul Cleary of the Blades, the "B" by Richie & Rocky DeValera.
Poster supplied by Pete Holidai
Sounds single of the week, May 1977.
Will it start "One, tree, faw, two?"
Sorry 'bout that; actually it starts like B Bumble Ant The Stingers, blitzes on like "Get Out Of Denver Baby" and finishes with the great line; "I got the ticket and the bus stops here". Pretty neat, in fact. But you know who it reminds me of most of all: Status Quo (gasp)!
Click here to see on the Radiators
Ticket stub supplied by Tom Hayes
August 1979 AC/DC play the Olympic Ballroom, Dublin. D.C. Nien win the support slot. The UK music magazine "Sounds" is in Dublin for the gig, D.C. Nien, The Blades & U2 are all given coverage in the article.
Click here to see more on D.C. Nien
The Reasons, Dublin's first all star band, made up from members of Radiators From Space, U2, Revolver & The Vipers. This is the first known instance of a member of U2 (The Edge) recording with another band.
For more details click here
The Defenders 7" Happy Surfin' Santa single on Guided Missile Record label, this single was released to help raise funds for "Heat's" legal costs.
The record label was Co owned by Jude Carr & Karl Tsigdonis. The sleeve artwork was designed Charles O'Conner & the centre label artwork is by Karl Tsigdonis.
View the full article here.
- The Origins Of Dublin "Punk" 1970 - 1976
- Heat Fanzine
- Concerts That Changed The Face Of Dublin
Bands A - Z
U2 Tours/Gigs 1976 to 1980
- U2 Gigs '76 & '77
- U2 Gigs Jan - March 1978
- U2 Gigs April - June 1978
- U2 Gigs July - August 1978
- U2 Gigs September - October 1978
- U2 Gigs November - December 1978
- U2 Gigs Jan - April 1979
- U2 Gigs May - June 1979
- U2 Gigs July 1979
- U2 Gigs August - September 1979
- U2 October - November 1979
- U2 - U2-3
- U2 - Tour De France 1980
- U2 - Come Out Play 1980
- U2 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock 1980
U2 - Boy Leg 1 - 1980
- 06/09/1980 General Wolfe, Coventry
- 07/09/1980 Lyceum Ballroom, London
- 08/09/1980 Marquee Club, London
- 09/09/1980 Berkely, Bristol
- 11/09/1980 Wellington, Hull
- 12/09/1980 Taboo Club, Scarborough
- 13/09/1980 Queen's Hall, Leeds
- 15/09/1980 Marquee Club, London
- 16/09/1980 Fiesta Suite, Plymouth
- 17/09/1980 Demelzas, Penzance
- 18/09/1980 Civic Hall, Totnes
- 19/09/1980 Marshall Rooms, Stroud
- 21/09/1980 Nag's Head, Wollaston
- 22/09/1980 Marquee Club, London
- 23/09/1980 Limit Club, Sheffield
- 24/09/1980 Friars, Aylesbury
- 25/09/1980 Brady's, Liverpool
- 26/09/1980 Cedar Ballroom, Birmingham
- 27/09/1980 Polytechnic, Coventry
- 29/09/1980 Marquee Club, London
- 30/09/1980 Polytechnic, Brighton
- 02/10/1980 Fan Club, Leeds
- 03/10/1980 Porterhouse, Retford
- 04/10/1980 School Of Economics, London
- 05/10/1980 Half Moon Club, London
- 07/10/1980 Boat Club, Nottingham
- 09/10/1980 Cavendish House, Manchester, Polytechnic
- 11/10/1980 Kingston Polytechnic, London
- 15/10/1980 The Milkyway, Amsterdam, Holland
- 16/10/1980 Vera, Groningen, Holland
- 17/10/1980 Gigant, Apeldoorn, Holland
- 18/10/1980 Klarick, Brussels, Belgium
- 19/10/1980 Lyceum Ballroom, London
- 07/11/1980 University, Exeter
- 08/11/1980 University, Southampton
- 09/11/1980 Moonlight Club, London
- 11/11/1980 Kent University, Canterbury
- 12/11/1980 University, Bradford
- 13/11/1980 Limit Club, Sheffield
- 14/11/1980 Town Hall, Kidderminster
- 15/11/1980 Polytechnic, Bristol
- 18/11/1980 University, Reading
- 19/11/1980 Wolverhampton
- 20/11/1980 Polytechnic Blackpool
- 21/11/1980 Nite Club, Edinburgh
- 22/11/1980 Brady's Liverpool
- 24/11/1980 Polytechnic Coventry
- 26/11/1980 Marquee Club, London
- 27/11/1980 Marquee Club, London
- 28/11/1980 Aston University, Birmingham
- 29/11/1980 Keele University, Newcastle Under Lyme
- 30/11/1980 Jenkinson's, Brighton
- 01/12/1980 Hammersmith Odeon, London
- 02/12/1980 Hammersimth Palais, London
- 03/12/1980 Baltard Pavilion, Paris